Hogwarts, Through the Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, Through the Ages is a forum where you can roleplay in three different Eras. The Marauders Era, The Golden Era and The Next Generation.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
In RP Time

Marauders Era: July 1975
Golden Era: July 1995
Next Generation: July 2019
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Naomi Night (In Progress)
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 3:30 pm by Naomi Night

» Alexandra Ashworth
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 3:29 pm by Alexandra Ashworth

» Ascension of Darkness AU HP RPG Unique Plot!
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 7:46 pm by Guest

» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 9:39 pm by Guest

» The Sorting Quiz
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 1:27 pm by Admin

» Advertising Rules and Advert Code
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 pm by Admin

» Our Advert
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 1:22 pm by Admin

» Power and Creature Claim
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 11:25 pm by Admin

» Adult Jobs
RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 10:39 pm by Admin

Top posters
Admin
RPG Basics  I_vote_lcapRPG Basics  I_voting_barRPG Basics  I_vote_rcap 
Alexandra Ashworth
Naomi Night
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 162 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:19 am

RPG Basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

RPG Basics  Empty
PostSubject: RPG Basics    RPG Basics  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 12:26 am

Here are my basic rules for the roleplays

1. Mass Threads - If you are doing a Mass Thread please make sure you plan this accordingly. I don't want to see Mass Threads going nowhere. Sometimes, I will make Mass Threads up for people to reply in their reactions but if you want to roleplay it between yourself and other characters please make sure that you follow the rule of 'wait for the others to post before you do' so for example if I were to roleplay in a thread with Harry, Ginny, Lily, Albus and James, with Harry starting, I would have to wait for Ginny, Lily, James and Albus to post before I could post again unless it's been decided beforehand that one of the characters would join later in the thread.

2. No Thread Jacking - This basically means that you are not allow to post in a topic between two people without being invited into it. So if say Lucius and Severus were doing a topic just between them with no-one else and then suddenly Sirius were to join, that is called thread jacking. This a big no-no. You will get warned if you do this.

3. Godmodding - A big no-no. You are not allowed to roleplay for someone elses character. For example, you can't say that 'Sirius grinned maliciously as he waved his wand and watched Snape rise up to hang by his foot'. This is called god-modding and is not allowed unless you have been given specific permission for it.

4. OP/Superman/Superwoman - Please, please do not make your character overpowered or invincible. No-one apart from Voldemort in the Wizarding World is but even we know that he can get killed eventually. I will be asking and warning you if you do it so please try not to. I know it's hard and I admit I do it myself sometimes, but these are still children and they have time to grow. You can give them the basics but they must grow into them!
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsthroughages.forumotion.com

RPG Basics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts, Through the Ages :: Welcome to Hogwarts Through the Ages :: Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: